12/16/16

my latest colors

Having flowers on all sides of the house gives me options for quite a variety of colors and textures as I await my seeds to bloom.






There are calendulas everywhere in my garden. I have them along one fence where there's no electrical fence because the cows won't eat them. Most of them are boring but sometimes they give me lovelies like this!



This is a 'tall blue lettuce' (thanks to Missy and her botanical talents for the name). It started out very early in the winter/spring with a lovely, organized mound of leaves. I let it grow to see what it would become--turns out, it became an oversized dandelion! It's starting to bloom, but I don't know how long I will let it grow.


13 comments:

Amy said...

I think the dianthus and gazania are my favourites, plus they are so easy to grow from cuttings.

Breathing In Grace said...

It's so cold here.....I'm missing the beautiful spring and summer flowers. Thanks for sharing yours.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Very pretty flowers in your garden and you are fortunate have cows in the next field

Aritha V. said...

Good to see FLOWERS! Thank you so much!

likeschocolate said...

Lovely flowers! The concept of Christmas seems to strange to have sun and heat, but I am sure to have snow and cold would be strange to you! How does a traditional Christmas look in New Zealand.

NatureFootstep said...

so beautiful to watch. Makes me want spring to come quickly.

annie said...

All so beautiful.
I think it is wonderful that the world is never all in one state. It is summer one place, winter another.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful spring....(Or is it early summer?) -- lovely color around you. I didn't realize your home was really out in the country. You have pretty neighbors there (although it is a good idea to plant flowers they won't eat).

diane b said...

You have a lovely variety of blooms there and cows. Mine have all shrivelled up with the heat, flowers that is not cows.

Bill said...

Your flowers are beautiful and colourful. Very nice!

Alexa T said...

How beautiful is your garden! Such lovely flowers in early summer or spring? I'm so glad to see all this beauty; in here, it is cold, no snow till now... Have a very lovely new week ahead!

Rhonda Albom said...

I love all the colours of the flowers. Thanks for the photos - they brightened my day.

riitta k said...

Beautiful flowers & sights. Enjoy the colors - we are in the middle of the winter here. The nature is dead and resting.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!